Tuesday, July 05, 2011

long lovely weekend.


I think the long holiday weekend finally made me feel like we are back into the swing of summer. I love long weekends with my husband home - and knowing A might have a longish recovery adjustment time we didn't make any big plans. A weekend together was what we needed, and we spent it well.


Time in the kitchen for canning, baking and making.


Time in the garden caring for the jungle.


Visiting new parks in the mornings before the heat of the day. Followed by cold treats.


LEGO playdates with friends on the deck when it got hot, fan blowing, icy pitchers of water, and red white and blue cookies to decorate.


Re-arranging rooms and playing lots of games when the heat (and allergies) drove us inside.


And some (not loud) sparks and sparkle for little boys who like that kind of excitement.


Who doesn't like a little sparkle?


I know I do.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Gorgeous photos! I feel so close, like I'm right there with you—smelling the food, feeling the heat, getting cool, jumping on the play equipment, getting soooo excited for the sparkly things. Lovely, just lovely :)

Jodi Anderson said...

These days, outdoor rooms (like your patio) are my favorite... thing to pretend I could use right now. :) It looks really lovely there, Denise. I am trying to create an outdoor room in the garden, but I don't think that I'll be using it until, oh... September?

Have a great rest of the week.

Yarrow said...

Hello and happy summer. It has been awhile since I've been by your blog. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your summer and that A is recovering well. Many blessings.

Shady Lady said...

Great shots! Here in the PNW summer really starts the day after July 4th. Loving our perfect summer weather. Thanks for sharing your days.