Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cozy Hearts.


I have been sewing a few little Valentine's Day things for the boys as I have time this week. They always love little pillows that they can easily fit into a fort or tent, so I made a few using some "I Love You" fabric and red felt that I had in my fabric stash.


They are super easy to make - just cut out whatever size and shape of heart you want (front/back), sew around edge with right sides in - leaving a few inches open to reverse and stuff. Then just hand stitch the last bit closed! I used one full felt sheet per heart for my cutouts, so they are small enough to cuddle but big enough to lay on!

5 comments:

Lisa Zahn said...

What a great idea! My daughter has been asking for a car/travel pillow. What did you stuff them with? I think I will try to make these. I have a lot of poly stuffing (not very natural I know, but it's left over from years ago). I guess that could work. Do you have any better ideas?

Thanks for the great idea!

Lisa

dawn klinge said...

I was going to make a teddy bear but I think I'm running out of time now. This looks a little easier and is very cute. Thanks for the idea.

Claudia - La Casa nella Prateria said...

Yes, thanks, that's a very good idea!

tiff said...

fun...fun...fun...i love shaped pillows...and you can never have too many pillows for fort building and tents and snuggles.

you are such a creative mama...i love the bean bags too! i need to take a step backwards and remember to do all these fun things even if the boys' are getting older!

happy heart day!

amanda said...

Oh this is too cute. I'm going to make one, too. Thanks for sharing.