Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sleep deprived.


I am not exactly sure how it is October already. Fall is my favorite time of the year, but it is so short, and always the busiest. I am always happy to have new projects and be busy, but feel the lack of sleep, not spending any time with my husband, and NO downtime makes me a less patient mom during the day when I am supposed to be 110% present with the boys. I work on my stuff at night so that we have that time. But when it gets so busy and there are so many projects it does bleed into the day, and I find my mind returning to my To-Do list, wondering if I need to check my email again, wondering if I have a minute to do this or this...I find those are the days that the boys are particularly spunky, demanding, or fussy. Hmmmm. Go figure. Those are also the days we need to be outside exploring, playing, and letting it go - or being silly and playing games together and being in the moment.

I just need some sleep and an "off" switch.

I'm workin' on it.

1 comment:

Lizz said...

Yeah...let me know when you find the "off switch." My head is about to fly off! It must be natural for this season, I don't remember it accompanying anxiety in the past...I'm hearing alot of people talking baout this right now...hmmm.

And sleep...lol...I gave up on that years ago....(maybe that's why my head is flying off). :-)