Thursday, April 12, 2007

Luscious artwork - "Tree Ring Circus"

Tree Ring Circus, by Adam Rex.

I got this book for my 4 year old from the library this week and while yes, he loves the story, wow...I just love the artwork.

"2 tigers, 3 chipmunks, 5 poodles with capes, 1 lion, 3 squirrels, 2 key-stealing apes, 2 blue jays, 1 ostrich, 1 raven, a clown. A cat who climbed up and would love to get down. 2 sparrows, 1 chicken, a whopping big bee. 5 mice and a bear ...and a very full tree."

The paintings are gorgeous, the style includes vintage three ring circus signage/text and it is so interesting to look at. Definitely a great story and picture book for kids of all ages. I visited his website (illustration, blog, books) and found another book, titled "The Dirty Cowboy" - I put that one on hold and will hopefully have that from the library in a few days. Can't wait!

No comments: